5663 Jean Duluth Rd
Duluth, MN 55803
No phone solicitations, please
No phone solicitations, please
Summary of Qualifications
· Proficient in the design and implementation of new software projects and improvements to existing software as project lead/architect/principal developer.
· Has created and maintained software services, desktop applications, hardware automation systems, SQL databases, communication programs, miscellaneous utilities, and support tools.
· Demonstrated ability in providing support for clients.
· Good team player with excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and writing skills.
Two Harbors Investment Corp
Assistant VP, Web Application Developer
June 2015 – Present
· Associate Vice President - Responsible for programming, maintenance, and day to day operational work/release management to support internal software and websites written in .NET 6+ with MVC/Angular11+, C#, and SQL Server backend.
Retail Merchandising Services (RMS)
Principal Software Engineer
June 2010 – June 2015
Lead programmer/architect implementing all aspects of design, development, test engineering, deployment, documentation, and maintenance of ASP.NET company portal, SQL Server databases, and internal systems. Mentored and directed other programmers as needed.
· Developed web forms, business libraries, services, and components using C# .NET 4.0.
· Wrote and updated database scripts and code for SQL Server 2008 with SSRS, SSIS, Replication, Log Shipping, and data warehousing.
· Created services interfacing with Bing Maps, UPS WorldShip, TFS, and other third-party systems.
· Responsible for requirements, design, validation, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
Visionary Integration Professionals (VIP)
December 2008 – April 2010
Medtronic / Clinic Management Application
· Developed windows forms, business libraries, and components using C# .NET 3.5.
· Used WCF and CSLA technologies to implement client-server and SOA communication.
· Wrote and updated database scripts for SQL Server 2005.
· Implemented XML Serialization/Validation for data export. Integrated and updated VB components for ECG recording.
· Involved in requirements, design, validation, testing, and mentoring / reviewing others’ work.
March 2007 – November 2008
LifeTouch / Yearbook Application
Project: Custom yearbook page building application
The project involved creating a Flex 2 application that allowed the users to build yearbook pages on their desktops and communicate with a secured web service layer using ASP.NET 2.0, and the Enterprise Library for 2005.
· Developed a number of Flex 2 user interfaces and elements following the MVC Pattern.
· Implemented Undo – Redo functionality in Flex 2 using the Command Pattern.
· Designed and implemented sections of the .Net web service that the page building application communicated with; provided guidance to junior programmers.
· Ensured consistent content with style sheets, master pages, templates and shared libraries.
Project: Year book creation web site
Created a site that included a live Page Building section that used a mix of GDI+, AJAX, and ASP.NET 3.5 to give the users real time visual feedback as they built their yearbook pages.
· Assisted in design and deployment of the application’s SQL Server data model.
· Crafted a number of aspx screens, integrating them with AJAX calls when required.
· Developed a framework for creating NUnit tests to test the business layer.
Principal Software Engineer January 2005 – March 2007
Involved in design, testing, and production of retail software for a diverse customer base. Developed solutions for small businesses to aid in administration, email and ftp communication, credit and business card scanning, barcode scanning, and inventory management. Built and maintained complementary systems for both Windows PCs and mobile devices. Designed systems to aid in software deployment to the clients.
Software Engineer November 2004 – January 2005
Involved in short term project updating the Prance software and website in preparation for the upcoming season. Produced essential documentation and testing procedures.
Carlson School of Management
Web Programmer June 2002 – October 2004
Worked with a team to develop software and reports for this college. Maintained own and others’ code to ensure system integrity. Assisted in database design and programming. Participated in design concepts such as analysis, unit testing, object libraries, and three-tier deployments. Primary developer of an online application for the school, a large set of C# objects to interact with the database, systems for reporting and maintenance of data, and a suite of unit tests to ensure system stability. Built systems to track scholarships, applicants, and contacts with the school, as well as to interact with outside data sources such as PeopleSoft, Embark, and YourPay.com.
Education / Certifications
INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, magna cum laude
B.S. in Computer Science; Computational Theory Track 3.8 / 4.0 Cumulative G.P.A.
Technical Skills Summary
· Industries: Academic, Commercial, Finance, Medical, Merchandising, Publishing
· Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL; SSRS/SSIS/Crystal Reports
· Operating Systems: Windows
· Methodologies: Extreme Programming, Test Driven Development, Agile Software Development, Three Tier Programming
· Other Tools: Visual Studio (C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET), Microsoft Office, VISIO, IIS, IE, LINQ, Entity Framework, ADO.NET, ADO, OLEDB, COM+, MSMQ, TFS, Web Services, NUnit, MVP, WWF, WCF, VSS, TFS, Git